Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We are currently working in 120 countries around the world touching the lives of 125 million children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Currently, our programmes include health, nutrition, education, child protection, emergency response and livelihood sectors and are implemented in Faryab, Sare Pul, Jawzjan, Balkh, Badakshan, Bamyan, Samangan, Parwan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Uruzgan and Kandahar provinces.
Save the Children International is looking for Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager to join our team. This is a 2-year assignment based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting Manager is responsible for supporting Save the Children's national monitoring and evaluation system, and establishing and managing an effective monitoring and evaluation system to demonstrate and report how the Save the Children is positively influencing and changing the lives of girls under the STAGES project.
The role will help identify programme needs and priorities; work with staff to develop and implement the project; review progress and quality of programming; and develop reports and communication products for the STAGES project.
Key areas of accountability:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of Save the M&E system for STAGES project in line with Save the Children's M&E management operating standards (MOS) and Consortium Programme Management Unit (PMU) guidelines
- Support PMU in development and implementation of M&E frame work and tools on behalf of Save the Children to measure progress and impact
- Provide evidence that Save the Children's STAGES project is consistent with the overall programme objectives and outcomes
- Undertake analysis of STAGES M&E data and communicate findings in appropriate forums, including PMU M&E unit
- Exhibit and foster a culture of customer service within the M&E unit
- Build the capacity of STAGES provincial M&E in the area of Save the Children's M&E standards, approaches and tools, and ensure that regular field monitoring reports are shared with STAGES provincial and national management
- Ensure upward and downward accountability by supporting the program management in establishment of system to promote, regularly collect and respond to beneficiaries' feedback, suggestions and complaints, including those related to child safe guarding and ethical standards.
- Liaise with programme management teams to develop project reports; donor reports / survey reports / case studies / evaluation reports / ad hoc reports / success stories / fact-sheets
- Ensure that STAGES centrally located data base is functional, updated, aligned with national databases, and that data is compiled/analysed for timely reporting on the project targets as required
- Implement a systematic way of documenting and disseminating lessons learned and help increase organisational knowledge and improve future interventions;
- Support implementation of Save the Children's national monitoring and evaluation system as required, including ensuring compliance and alignment with national and global Save the Children requirements;
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance, Social Sciences or other relevant academic background
- At least 5 years' experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs/projects in a developing country context
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development
- In depth knowledge of design and use of monitoring and evaluation techniques and approaches including cohort tracking, control groups and other qualitative, quantitative participatory methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in sampling, data collection, data management, quantitative and qualitative analysis and related software (MS Access, EPI Info, EpiData etc.)
- Capacity to produce high-quality reports and briefs in English.
- Rich experience of programming, preferably in child rights or education.
- Significant management experience in M&E.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to foster a culture of monitoring and evaluation across the organisation.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Master's Degree in relevant discipline
- Familiarity with knowledge management systems and approaches that foster a learning culture.
- Highly developed influencing, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively to internal and external stakeholders
Save the Children International offers competitive remuneration package.
Deadline for submission of application is on 16th April 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
"We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse."