What We Do
Our name tells our story: Save the Children saves children’s lives. We fight for children’s rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Around the world, we:
- provide lifesaving supplies and emotional support for children caught up in disasters like floods, famine and wars
- campaign for long-term change to improve children’s lives
- improve children’s access to the food and healthcare they need to thrive
- secure a good quality education for the children who need it most
- protect the world’s most vulnerable children, including those separated from their families because of war, natural disasters, extreme poverty and exploitation
- work in the poorest countries to help families out of the poverty cycle, so they can feed and support their children
Our holistic approach achieves sustainable results. By working with others, Save the Children has played a role in reducing child deaths in recent years, from 12 million a year to 7.6 million a year. But we need to do more.