Talent Development Director
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
By mid-2013 most of our international programmes will be delivered through a merged operation with 14 000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The post holder will lead the implementation of the Save the Children International (SCI) Talent Strategy, ensuring that we retain the best people, working together effectively to deliver our mission. They will develop talent development processes, incorporating, talent definition and identification, career development and succession planning, providing supporting tools and interventions where appropriate. The post holder will also put plans and processes in place to drive the Diversity and Inclusion strategy, working the SCI Recruitment and On boarding team and Regional HR Directors to build on our systems and culture to ensure we attract, retain and develop more diverse talent in all locations.
Qualifications and experience
* Demonstrable experience of hands-on identification and interpretation of best practice talent development models, ideally on a global scale
* Good understanding of what best practice looks like in the talent development space
* Proven experience of designing, developing and managing a successfully holistic in-house talent development system
* Experience of working with senior leaders with minimal direction
* Strong personal vision and leadership and can energize and engage others around what is possible
* Strong passion about driving the Diversity and Inclusion agenda, ideally based on experience working in this area
* Familiar with the concepts of team effectiveness and how to improve team working, especially turning around dysfunctional teams
* Strong awareness of the link between organisational development and diversity
* Commitment to Save the Children values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 29th January 2013
For further information on this role, please see our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
How to apply: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to the link provided