Health and Nutrition Team Leader
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
By mid-2013 most of our international programmes will be delivered through a merged operation with 14 000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Health & Nutrition Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring that the SCIMOZ strategic objectives in the area of maternal and child health are achieved. He/She will provide senior level guidance on the strategic pillars of our MNCH work: programme development, policy and advocacy, campaigning and implementation. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of the SCIMOZ health & nutrition programme, for the implementation of quality programmes and for advocacy and external communication in the area of MNCH and nutrition, in close consultation with other members of the SCIMOZ programme development and quality team and leadership in project implementation. The Health & Nutrition Team Leader will directly manage a team of health professionals and directly oversee the implementation of a portfolio of MNCH programmes.
Qualifications and experience
* Master's degree in public health or a related degree
* At least 8 years of experience in the design, implementation and management of health programs in an international development context.
* Demonstrated experience of developing effective working relationships with senior stakeholders from government agencies, international organizations, academic institutions and donors at national, regional and global level.
* Strong report writing and proposal development skills with successful track record in securing program funding from international donors and other financing sources.
* Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and supervisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead teams of technical specialists and project coordinators/managers
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Working knowledge of Portuguese highly desirable
* Ability and willingness to travel within Mozambique and outside of the country as needed.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 5th February 2013
For further information on this role, please see our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
How to apply: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to the link provided