Education Technical Advisor
The Education Advisor based in Bamako will provide technical expertise for projects and programmes in Education and Education in emergencies. The Education Advisor will also be accountable for preparing project designs and overseeing the implementation of activities. The level of oversight will require traveling to field sites, and will assure representation, and coordination with project partners and external stakeholders, such as local and international NGOs, CBOs, the private sector, and local and central government authorities.
A high level of strategic and analytical skills is expected as well as writing competencies.
This role combines the Project Manager function for the Selective Integrated Reading Activity (SIRA) project, where SCI is partnering with EDC and other partners for the execution of this USAID contract project.
Qualifications and experience
- Master's Degree in Education, Pedagogy or a relevant field Degree in Education/pedagogy etc
- At least five years' experience in the education sector - experience in preparation of project designs, strategic planning and implementation of related activities
- Extensive experience in an NGO, including working abroad (for Malian nationals), Experience working with or for government a major plus
- Minimum of three years' experience working in humanitarian contexts, including conflict-affected environments
- Familiarity with UNICEF, USAID, DANIDA, EU and other major donors' regulations and policies
- Extensive experience working in Mali preferred: Good knowledge of Malian and regional education context; Good knowledge of Malian education policies;
- Experience in supporting and partnership management ( working with : community , civil society , government )
- Experience with working with children (girls and boys) and community ;
- Good experience with working in working / groups (cluster, LGPE );
- Experience with EIE, conflict sensitive education, ECCD and BE
- Experience with SCI common approaches a definite advantage;
- Innovative and capacities to advocate
- Experience in inclusion and inclusiveness; Experience promoting education for marginalized groups including girls
- Gender sensitive and able to use gender analysis in relevant areas of work. Able to lead towards gender transformative change.
- Have access to a broad network of education stakeholders within the country or proven ability to network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in diverse team situations
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, and work across different cultures
- Superior analytical and strategic skills: able to facilitate, write, edit and promote Education strategies in the forms of programme and project design, briefs, policy support documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
Contract length: 01 Year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
PS: Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.