Senior Partnerships Advisor
The Senior Partnership Advisor takes the lead as the focal point for Save the Children's engagement with partners implementing in Syria, guiding and supporting a strategic process to broaden and deepen the Country Office's relationship with partners, build partner capacities, and assure that Save the Children is robustly represented in various coordination mechanisms. Considering that all implementation in 70 % of the SRO grants is done via partners, this post is the lynchpin of the CO programme. One of the key roadmaps and key programme vision for Syria Programme is taking partnerships at another level. The Senior Partnership Advisor will identify and map partnership opportunities, and work closely with the PDQ, Area Offices, Awards, Finance, Supply Chain teams to support effective partnerships which are: voluntary and collaborative interaction, complementary interests and objectives, shared contribution of resources - financial, human or both, shared risks and benefits and mutual accountability.
Qualifications and experience
- Post graduate or Masters degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of civil society, community development or resilience strategy
- Management experience in INGO/UN Agencies
- Minimum 5 years partnership work experience in the humanitarian sector/with NGOs
- Excellent skills and experience in all aspects of partnership management - networking, strategy development, and shared accountability
- Knowledge of Syria, Middle East or relevant setting
- Experience in organizational capacity development
- Proven communication and external representation experience
- An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Commitment to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children
·Fluent in Arabic
·Experience of working in Syria
·Post-conflict civil society expert
·Good conflict management experience
Contract length: 12 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.