SCI Ethiopia - INVITATION TO BID for End of Project Evaluation of BASES Project under DFID funded PDP Programme
Reference No. T-SCI-2016-042 August 10, 2016
INVITATION TO BID (INTERNATIONAL TENDER)
”End of Project Evaluation of BASES Project under DFID funded PDP Programme"
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Ethiopia Country Office is inviting National and International Consultants to Conduct End of Project Evaluation to gather evidence on overall achievement of expected outcome(s) of the BASES Programme towards achieving visible and equitable improvements in sustainable service delivery (education, health and WASH) through project evaluation in the Ethiopian Somali Region.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The firm should have the following qualification and experience:
- A company with past/present experience working with NGOs in Ethiopia and elsewhere in similar programs.
- A company which can provide confirmation (as well any available supporting documents) of ability and/or authorization to provide this service in Ethiopia
- It is preferable if “International Companies” have an office locally/ or legal permit to work in foreign country in Ethiopia
- Contract Administration will be in accordance to the Ethiopian Law
- Masters/PhD degree in Development studies, Peace and security, Monitoring and Evaluation and International studies and 10+ years of experience in evaluation design and implementation.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in the design, implementation and management of large scale multi-sectoral evaluations in an international development context, including in fragile or conflict affected states.
- Proven experience of planning, designing and implementing similar evaluation studies funded by institutional donors.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including but not limited to: Lot Quality Assurance Surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, participatory rapid appraisals, government system level reviews and service delivery assessments, learning outcomes assessments, perception surveys and user assessment/ satisfaction surveys
- Expertise in relevant thematic areas and in-depth evaluation experience in at least three of the relevant thematic areas- health, WASH, education, Institutional Capacity Development. Ability to form and guide a team with required experience for all sectors.
- Demonstrated experience of assessing national and/or regional level government capacity to deliver basic services.
- In-depth knowledge of the Somali region of Ethiopia, including government and community level service delivery structures; Proven experience working in Somali Region of Ethiopia; specifically, in implementing assessments/ evaluations in partnership with local government and/ or other stakeholders
- Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in training and managing multicultural teams; experience working with a consortia highly desirable.
The hard copy of the Tender Document can be collected from Save the Children Ethiopia Country Office (address below) in person during working hours from 8:30AM to 4:00PM OR through sending a request (which should include the name and address of the company, and the name, title, and contact address of the individual) to the below email contacts between August 15, 2016 to September 13, 2016. Requests for clarification (if any) should also be addressed to these email contacts.
Please send your request to both email addresses.
Interested applicants should submit their completed tender proposal (in hardcopies only) signed and stamped in two separate sealed documents of one technical proposal including curriculum vitae of the proposed professional(s) with supporting document along with copy of renewed firm’s License, and Two Financial proposals “one original” and “one Copy” ‘including professional fee proposal on the basis of daily rates, VAT and per diem costs, as well as transport costs separately for the stated work to the above mentioned address on September 15, 2016 by 2:00 P.M.
Price offers are to be submitted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB)
Save the Children’s Procurement committee will open the proposals at its’ own discretion. Save the Children reserves the right to accept or reject the entire or partial part of this bid
Save the Children Ethiopia Office
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Dire Complex, Behind Bisrate Gabriel Church,
P.O Box 387, Tel 011 3 72 84 55-61