Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible to technically support GF contact Office and Entities to manage HIV program efficiently and effectively at the provincial level. S/he will provide technical assistance to sub-recipients (SRs) and the Government run Service Delivery Points (SDPs) for HIV program so that the planned programs are implemented following national standards. S/he will be responsible for high quality service delivery at all levels within his/her area of works in close coordination/collaboration with the relevant Provincial/District/PALIKA level stakeholders for effective HIV program implementation. The position holder requires frequent field visits in the province to ensure that the field-based staff, SRs and SDPs have adequate technical and programmatic knowledge/skills to meet and maintain high-quality program delivery at all levels.
- Provide technical support to SRs/SDPs in program planning, implementation, and monitoring of HIV program in the province including the red book budget under province government.
- Support Sr. Program/Technical Coordinator/Project Manager for quality program delivery of HIV programs in the province.
- Review all periodic programmatic reports submitted by relevant SRs and SDPs and provide technical feedbacks
- Provide regular programmatic/technical update to Sr. Program Manager/Technical Coordinator of Save the Children and other related focal persons
- Identify, prepare and disseminate the best practices and approaches to SCI and entities
- Take technical support and guidance of SCI and NCASC for efficient implementation HIV program in the province
- Assist in organizing Provincial/District/Palika level HIV program review meetings, technical discussion forums, trainings/workshops
- Engage meaningfully with service recipients to ensure timely and quality access to services under the Global Fund grant
- Support HIV surveillance, studies and other operational research at Provincial level
- Produce program reports and carry out evidence-based advocacy.
- Ensure HIV related commodities are available at SDPs and support for smooth delivery of commodities.
- Conduct frequent monitoring field visits (including joint monitoring) to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects as per the approved work plans
- Collect and analyse the program/finance data in monthly basis.
- Ensure standard packages of services are delivered according to the National Guidelines/Protocols
- Monitor and analyse performances of SRs/SDPs regularly and ensure timely technical and programmatic oversight, coaching and mentoring.
- Analysis of program data regularly and provide feedback for necessary correction.
- Support field office and entities in training needs assessment of SDPs/SRs to develop training plan
- Provide on-site coaching/mentoring to relevant SRs/SDPs and SCI field staff on various aspects of HIV program as per the need
- Support management team to deliver the training/workshop and monitor the quality of training/ workshop at provincial level.
- Work closely with Province/Palikas to strengthen their capacity on HIV program.
- Develop strong coordination and linkages with Ministry of Social Development, Provincial Health Directorate, District Offices for Health, Palikas and health facilities for effective HIV program implementation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant partners/stakeholders
- Build very good working relationship with NGOs, CSOs and Networks
- Represent Province as Technical Focal Person for HIV program
Qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree in Public Health (MPH) or equivalent in related field with minimum of 3 years of working experience (2 years for GSI group*) in Public Health program or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years (3 years for GSI group) of relevant experience in in Public Health program. Prior experience in managing HIV program (Preferable)
- Computer experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language.
- Prior experiences in HIV Programme
- Leadership and communication skills
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Heath service directorate (HSD) -Surkhet
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.