Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Read the latest news and information on the issues impacting children and Save the Children’s work across the world.
For media enquires please CONTACT:
GMU@savethechildren.org 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to friday or MEDIA@SAVETHECHILDREN.ORG.UK / +44(0)7831 650409 out of hours
Meet the team and our experts
LATEST NEWS
Children recruited into armed groups in DR Congo describe abduction, drugging and violence as call for greater action
New figures show at least 1,360 children were released from armed groups in the eastern province of Ituri in 2025. However, 13,000 children in the province remained in armed groups, meaning only about one in 10 children gained freedom last year.
NEWS QUOTE: Urgent medical evacuations through Rafah predicted to take over four years, trapping children in need
The current rate of evacuation means it would take 4.5 years for the 20,000 people including 4,000 children needing medical care to leave Gaza, Save the Children said.
Southern Africa: Families and children at risk of waterborne diseases as heavy downpours cause worst flooding in decades
Children displaced by some of the worst flooding across southern Africa in decades are facing a growing health crisis, with a lack of running water and destroyed sanitation facilities fuelling a spike in waterborne diseases.
Safer Internet Day: Tips to support responsible AI use & safe online experiences
Safer Internet Day takes place on 10 February. This year, Safer Internet Day focuses on smart tech, safe choices and the responsible use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). You can use these tips to support responsible AI use and safer online experiences for children and families.
SOUTH SUDAN: Save the Children office and healthcare centre destroyed and looted as violence escalates in Jonglei state
Save the Children said it has suspended all operations in Walgak in Akobo Country and was pulling its 30 staff out of the area after its field office was burnt the ground and its Primary Health Care Centre (PHCC) destroyed, cutting off essential services for hundreds of children and families.
NEWS QUOTE: Families in Ukraine camping in their homes to stay warm during power cuts in one of coldest weeks this winter
Families in Ukraine are turning to increasingly desperate measures to survive power blackouts as attacks on energy facilities have left them without heating and water in one of Ukraine’s coldest weeks this winter.
Children dying because of hunger as famine risks detected in two new locations in Sudan
New data released today by the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC), global acute malnutrition rates in the Um Baru and Kernoi localities have reached nearly 53% and 34% respectively, with concerns that nearby areas may also be experiencing similar catastrophic conditions, with the extent remaining unknown due to access constraints [1].
NEWS QUOTE – Under the limited opening of Rafah border, urgent medical evacuations would take over a year
The partial opening of the Rafah border has created a sense of disappointment across Gaza with families and children in urgent need of medical evacuation being left in limbo waiting for news, Save the Children said.
Get the very latest
For the latest news coverage from Save the Children’s Global Media team sharing breaking stories, live updates from emergencies, features and spokesperson alerts on the issues impacting children, follow the team on Twitter/ X.